Here is a summary I am putting together of my trip., fyI.
This is to be on my blog and updated at
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2011/12/2011111215.html
Here is link to Yahoo directions for whole trip 531 miles and 9:55. Click here
Below is the motel info, Don't know address in Greenville for the ceremony.
I am going to AAA at South park at 8 30 a/m Thursday to get a trip pack or Tix, even tho I have this. Can get city maps, etc
AAA near South Park directions click here
4732 Sharon Road 28210
704 319 4222
d
--------------------------
rooms booked at Baymont Inn & Suites in Greenville.
3439 S Memorial Dr, Greenville, NC 27834-6
Phone:1-252-364-8980
http://www.baymontinns.com/hotels/north-carolina/greenville/baymont-inn-and-suites-greenville/hotel-overview
Got you a regular double bed room and for my family a 2 double bed suite.
Cost for your room is $66.10 total including tax (and with AAA discount). I don't need to pay until checkout. And there is cancellation policy of day of arrival by 6pm (no charge if cancel by 6).
Check out is noon on Friday. They have a little gym and continental breakfast is included!
| Driving directions to 3720 Park Rd, Charlotte, NC 28209 | 3D |
218 mi – about 4 hours 23 mins
62.8 mi – about 1 hour 38 mins
94.9 mi – about 1 hour 42 mins
160 mi – about 2 hours 59 mins
3720 Park Rd Charlotte, NC 28209 |

On 12/7/2011 10:21 PM, Sally & Jim Hanchett wrote:
Dad, You are right - I changed my mind a few weeks ago and realized I should do the 2pm event (and the 10am) but I will do that one without the little kids. My department has also added a 11:30am luncheon but that will just be me going.
I couldn't remember what you had going on for Thursday and thought you would be taking the northern route (interstate 85). If you are coming straight from Charlotte, then you're right, you should probably just meet us at Mike's Farm. Definitely definitely check their direction info on their web site (click on "our Location"). This map is on there. Since you will be coming during day time it should be fine.
As for Raleigh, we will definitely drive to Julie's after the ceremony and figure out dinner there at her house. It's only a 2 hour drive from Greenville. Something that has come up is that Cathy is officially making the move into her assisted living room at Carol Woods that day (Dec. 16). Tom and Carol will be in Chapel Hill to oversee that, but Jim will need to go over there on Saturday. We can do gift exchanges Friday evening or Saturday morning? The kids/cousins all drew one name each for gifts this year and we will be mailing ours, so probably the only folks exchanging gifts will be me/Jim/you/Julie/Bob and my kids. We'll probably drive back home Saturday late afternoon.
There is a *slim* chance that I will fly to Indy with the older boys that weekend to take a look around - but that's only if IU offers Jim the job this week or early next week (have heard nothing yet on that, other than they have been talking to his references and wrapped that up this afternoon).
And still nothing on the Colorado State job - but it's only been a week and a couple days since the application deadline ended. Probably won't hear if he made the first cut there until at least next week....
~S
On 12/7/2011 20:37, don wrote:
Hi Sally
I am looking at the maps for our trip next week. Is Mikes Farm at 1600 Haw Branch Road Beulaville, NC . I see it is about the distance you are mentioning of 58+/- miles.
From Charlotte to Greenville, my drive is 262 mi, 4 hours 41 minutes by I85. There is a better?/another way to go than up I85 through Raleigh - by going along the lower part of the state. A friend often drives there and I asked him. I am glad we planned on doing Christmas back at Julie's as that can cut some driving for us during the holidays. I know the Twins and Christopher will not be there as they are going to New York. I have plans for the next weekend.
By the way, remember I mentioned I thought you said we were not doing the 2 pm - below is where I got that. I agree you should do it especially since we will be there already . ..
LuvDad
---------------------
-------- Original Message --------
Hey - I love the idea of you guys coming here that weekend. That would be great! Yes, I want to come to your graduation! Sounds great. Plan on it! Also, I need to let you know that we need to be here for Thanksgiving because of Tommy's race that weekend. We are happy to host a big dinner for anyone who can join us.
Subject: Re: Sally ECU Graduation December 16 2011 Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 07:15:22 -0700 (PDT) From: Jules Reply-To: Jules To: Hanchett, Sally Redding don
Not sure if you can travel both times, but the offer is there nevertheless. Love you! Sent from my iPad
On Oct 9, 2011, at 9:44 AM, "Hanchett, Sally Redding"wrote: Hey! The actual commencement for the entire school is at 10am. That's the one we'll be attending. I will try to find that info and send it on if you guys are serious about coming (that would be so sweet of you!). At this point I don't think I'll be doing the smaller College of Education ceremony at 2pm (the one they asked me to speak for - I already told them respectfully no). Our family plans to spend Thursday evening in a Greenville hotel then go to the ceremony in the morning but not stick around 4 more hours for the 2pm one. Jules, have not discussed this with you but would it be all right if my family drove to Raleigh Friday afternoon and stayed with you that night and maybe do a little "Christmas" Saturday w/you and Bob (it's the weekend before Xmas) - or just hang out/visit? We would probably leave Saturday afternoon (and visit Cathy in Chapel Hill) then drive home that night/Saturday night. Not sure what your holiday plans were but wanted to mention this possibility since Raleigh is so close to Greenville and we'll all be there. Maybe I can ride back to Raleigh with you Julie for some girl time, that would be fun.:) Love, Sally
On 12/7/2011 3:49 PM, don wrote:
Sally Thanks, I plan to be at Motel in time to catch a ride with you, which I appreciate. Thanks for invitation LuvDad
On 12/7/2011 3:18 PM, Sally & Jim Hanchett wrote:
Oh Yay! We
Sally
Thanks, I plan to be at Motel in time to catch a ride with you, which I appreciate.
Thanks for invitation
LuvDad
On 12/7/2011 3:18 PM, Sally & Jim Hanchett wrote:
Oh Yay! We've always wanted to share this with you.
They don't accept reservations - that's why we are aiming to be there before 5. I think we will be fine if we get there then, plus it's a Thursday night and not the weekend, so crowds should be less.
We are hoping to get to Greenville by 3pm and to Mike's Farm by 4:45pm.
You are welcome to ride with us from Gville to the farm. There will be room in the van since we will have dropped off our stuff. It's probably best that you ride with us b/c the backroads can get tricky if you haven't done it before, though it does mean a little more time in the car for you that day to go Clotte-Gville-farm-Gville.
~S
On 12/7/2011 14:58, don wrote:
Sally
Sounds great, I might just miss the meeting with my AHS Class in Greensboro at noon that day and join you for this light show. Thanks for describing it .. Do you need to make reservation?
I assume we can go in one car.
When will you plan to arrive and leave the motel to go to the light show?
dad
On 12/7/2011 12:09 PM, Sally & Jim Hanchett wrote:
Hi Dad,
Our plan next Thursday is to leave Crozet mid morning, drive to the hotel in Greenville and check in/drop off our bags. The drive is 260 miles, so it will probably take about 4 hours. Then we'll all hop back in the car and drive to Mike's Farm which is 58 miles due south. We hope to eat dinner a little before 5pm, then the first hayride into the Christmas light show begins at 6pm, The light tour lasts about 20 minutes. Then we'll drive back to Greenville hotel.
I know you said you weren't interested, but we adore this place and it truly is one of our most magical Christmas memories, the entire experience. The dinner is outstanding and the light show is so special, I know you would really love it. Given
what may lie ahead, this might be the last time we are able to go there. :(
This is their web site:
http://www.mikesfarm.com/restaurant.htm
The restaurant/Southern style/all you can eat: http://www.mikesfarm.com/restaurant.htm
The menu:
Fried Chicken
Pork Loin/gravy
Country ham biscuits
Mashed potatoes
Mac N Cheese - the best I've ever had, bar none
Green Beans
Corn
Beverage and dessert
And a couple reviews: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/178/1529526/restaurant/Jacksonville/Richlands/Mikes-Farm-Country-Store-and-Restaurant-Beulaville
XOXO
Sally
