20120117 from How to Create a Distribution (email List) from an email with addresses already typed20071231

Don, I can't believe you did all of this and at 2:38 AM.   I can't tell you how much I appreciate  it.  I have been taken up with Stephanie and the baby and didn't even see the message until late this afternoon when we were about to go back to the hospital  I also hate to tell you that I do have Outlook Express.  Don't do more though until I have time to ask somebody else if they have it and can tell me what to do. X . . . is doing well.  The baby is beautiful.  We have held him and looked at his every move for hours. I'll work on this tomorrow and let you know what happens.Thanks again
----- Original Message -----
From:

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 2:38 AM
Subject: How to Create a Distribution (email List) from an email with addresses already typed

I have figured out how to do it and it works fine. It just takes some study but then  it should be ok.

Glad you are using Road Runner/cable as that is  as fast as you can get at home. I use it and also use Mindspring which Cal uses so I am familiar with both, even though my address appears to be xxxx.(I am not familiar with AOL, however.)

What we need to do is to create a mailing list (Outlook calls it a distribution List) of  all the email addresses Janie has in the email you have from her, Then when you send a new email to the class, you just type in the name of the distribution list in the "to" place in the email and all the addresses will be  there . You can name the distribution list anything you want of course. After you learn how to do that,  you will need to be able to make changes or corrections in the list.

I have attached instructions on how to do this (how to make the distribution List and how to make changes in individual addresses)  at the link below. The  text you get at the link is  what you can get by searching the Help link in Outlook  using "distribution."

I suggest you create a test Distribution list first with your own name on it and Cal's and test it. When that works then try the email from Janie. There is a lot more I could say now but I think the best thing to do is use the "help" instructions in the programs. As I say, I have some of them linked below for you.

Play with this a while and let me know  if I can help explain it if you have questions. I have learned a lot about Outlook since you called and it is  ok.

Now, if you are using something called "Outlook Express" I think we have to start over as it is not the same as "Outlook" That will be ok with me so don't worry if you do have the "Express" version.

Let me know what you want me to do next. I am so glad you are working on this. Thank you..

Good Luck

don
12/31/07

Let me know asap if the following link does not work. There are 5 or 6 pages here so give it time to open. You can get clearer text using Outlook Help.

http://www.donredding.com/list.pdf