Hi
Thanks for writing so fast, what is confusing is that it came from something called Ministry Matters . I never communicated with that name And I was guessing someone sold or shared my email address with them. Is this part of Cokesbury?
I did reply to their email in a couple of ways and some way you got one instead. I just went to the "manage preferences" on their email and saw this today, I think it was different the other day. They must have removed me . If I ever signed up I do not remember, and I searched all my emails - I do not delete them - and find no other emails involving Captive Churches or Ministry Matters except for a return receipt from sraynor@umpublishing.org . . .so it looks like there is a Methodist connection with same email address. I noticed the email was pushing a book ......
so, are they (Ministry Matters) part of Cokesbury?
I put the email below. If not there, try this link as I put it on my Blog
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/04/20120404-ministry-matters.html
Don
-----------------
On 4/4/2012 9:11 AM, Cokesbury.com wrote:
It sounds like you might have gotten some type of auto-generated email, but since you didn't include the message with your reply I am not sure what you are referring to. Was there an order number? If you would reply to that email, instead of starting a new correspondence that might help us to better understand your concerns.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
-------- Original Message --------
Why did you send this to me? Did I request something from you and that is why you are writing or did you swipe my address from a church?
thanks
don
On 4/3/2012 5:16 PM, Ministry Matters wrote:
If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may
see it online.
 |
Last Minute Worship Helps
"Father, Forgive Them"
Adam Hamilton offers his thoughts on the first of Jesus' final words from the cross.
Easter People by Alex Joyner Christians engage in hope-filled practices because of the revolutionary message of the Resurrection.
Worship for Kids Carolyn Brown offers helpful tips and worship resources for children's church and more!
|
|  |
Held Captive to "Small Group Worship" by John Flowers and Karen Vannoy Intimacy is critical to any local church. But the purpose of worship is not to provide the kind of personal attention and affirmation that is available through small groups. Declining churches treat worship as a small group process, and small groups can only function for intimacy when they are small! | |
| Subscribe Now and Save 33% on an Annual Subscription to Ministry Matters!
(That's 45% off the monthly price!)
Get access to a full library of preaching, teaching, and worship tools, including the complete New Interpreter's® Bible and New Interpreter's® Dictionary. Enter promo code MIN01 at checkout, and we'll take the price of an annual subscription down to $99.00! GET MORE INFO |
Non-Anxious Evangelism in a Time of Decline by Sarah S. Howell The church should not be about building herself up but about giving herself away. The church can only show this self-giving love as embodied by Christ when she is more concerned about faithful witness in the world than with her own survival. | |
| Confession by Betsy Hall It would be easy (and safe) to write off confession to a priest or minister as archaic or old school but since my sister's conversion to Orthodoxy, I've asked myself "What do we (Protestants) lose by giving up this form of confession?" |
Sheep Need a Shepherd by Tracey Allred Human beings are creation’s most complex thinkers. We have the capacity to understand and process amazing quantities of facts and information. We can make complicated decisions. We are not very much like sheep. Yet, Jesus uses the parable of the good shepherd to teach his followers about the relationship offered and sought by God. Jesus recognized an important tendency of humanity. Perhaps we are more like sheep than we realized. | |
|
|
|
|  |
On 4/4/2012 9:11 AM, Cokesbury.com wrote:
It sounds like you might have gotten some type of auto-generated email, but since you didn't include the message with your reply I am not sure what you are referring to. Was there an order number? If you would reply to that email, instead of starting a new correspondence that might help us to better understand your concerns.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
what have I ordered from you?
don I am trying to figure out why you emailed me today.
thanks
don