xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS 20120402 -VLC is about best player for mp4 and mp3. Down load at click here . I discovered it would not play the audio1 protected files until I went into Firefox and disabled the VLC web plugin 2.0.0.0. I did on W7 and need to add VLC back on Vista as I had removed it.
PS 20120401 -A smaller size below c0omes from setting in AVS Converter the Sample Rate lower (I used 22050) instead of default 48000. Changing it automatically changes the 64 bitrate and sample size to 16 bit
PS 20120216 I found a great program for editing mp3 called mp3DirectCut and plan to use now for trimming and edit mp3 until I discover why it is not the best !
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/02/20120216-mp3-directcut.html
----------------------------
20120101 Size Comparison of MP3
http://donredding.smugmug.com/CamerasComputersElectronicsPho/Audio-and-Stereo/20120120-Audio-MP3/21113164_5FXTR8#!i=1679409498&k=PGjhDLf
Link to on line Audio of Don's http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/01/20120125-index-of-donscaudio.html
Here is a Blog on this, if I ever complete it! http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/01/20120120-mp3.html
Comparison of MP3 size recordings http://donredding.smugmug.com/CamerasComputersElectronicsPho/Audio-and-Stereo/20120120-Audio-MP3/21113164_5FXTR8#!i=1679409440&k=hQnbHJB
This shows the size differences in using different settings in converting/combing three mp3 files (named 2012-test (3)00128.MP3,etc) into one. the files sizes were 132 132 and127 of a 16 second recording on the Olympus VN7600PC recorded at one of the lowest quality ratings (I think but will edit later). for a total size to begin with of 391 KB. I could not tell a difference in the quality of the sound or the loudness but the size difference is tremendous. Also I see no difference in size for Stereo vs Mono. Of course I am not looking for Hi Fi or high quality, just good basic voice sound and some short music. I use a neat program called AVS Audio Converter v6.3, which is part of a larger and reasonably priced suite; See info screen of the program in one of the slides. also at http://www.avs4you.com/?utm_medium=Navigator&utm_source=Navigator&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=
Here is a Blog on this, if I ever complete it!
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/01/20120120-mp3.html
and for MP4 Video:
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/01/20120120-mp4.html