20130702 Video tips

http://www.avs4you.com/?utm_medium=Navigator&utm_source=Navigator&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=



Wanted to mention to you a program (AVS4YOU) I have been using for a couple of years. (Info at bottom of this Blog). What prompted me was your mentioning how large your movie files were. This program will convert and reduce video files down to between 10% and 20% of the original size. I use it for  the videos I make for Sunday School, etc  and it reduces a 2.3 gigabyte 40 minute video down to maybe 222 megabytes. Then it takes much less time to send up to Youtube or Internet. I am able to convert most formats to the mp4 or mp4v  which is smaller. Think you make MOV or WMA files now which are larger. You could try taking your videos at the highest quality and then convert it down and see how you like the quality. If you wanted me to do a test, send me a video file and I will try. Keep it under say 100 meg



The video time limit on YouTube is  20 minutes normal. I asked how our church had longer ones and the a.v man at our church staid he understood after you get  viewing built up, YouTube would let you have longer. I thought no chance for mine as few people ever watch them except me! Never the less I someway asked YouTube if I could get longer and  - shazam - they gave it pretty quickly. It of course is free and I cannot believe it. You can see all my YouTube movies at the links, and they are under various playlists. I have to give links to each playlist for you to see  but they are open to any one with the links. Did this to keep out of search engines. No password if have link. Main one is Ownbey SS class which I video tape each Sunday (and also audio record).
Smugmug allow exactly  20 minutes max for a video so anything over 20 or combined ones I send to YouTube. I notice you Shuterfly allows 15 minutes.

My quality is not as good as yours for various reasons, and I am ok with that because the lower quality gives me smaller files. If I had HD I guess my 40 minute ones would be twice or more  the 2.3 Gig I have now before conversion. Below is example of video which was reduced from 2.32 GB to 223 MB om conversion .  When you do yours with any reduction you will have to decide if there  quality reduction is too much to  make you prefer a larger file.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdHal0fn40z-7Rpdy-gEVoiizyBLGuJM  Link to my Ownbey SS Videos on YouTube
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTuPkGeUvJk&list=PLBdHal0fn40z-7Rpdy-gEVoiizyBLGuJM&index=1 to the video below of the "after Conversion"on youTube

Before:


After Conversion:



See other Posting too. I am putting this on my Blog at  http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8956305663979862945#editor/target=post;postID=2591934826335678944

HERE is INFO on the program I use.
AVS4YOU is a suite of programs, many you will not need,  but I found it worth the price for just the audio and video programs. Total cost is $199 list Ha! for lifetime subscription and $69 for one year, reduced to $59 and $39. So for the 59$ you get a program that will be updated  from now on. I have used it a couple of years and that does happen.  I think I have an offer at as lower price and will let you know when I get on other computer. . Look at all the programs they offer. I have test lots of programs over the years and believe this is the best for my purposes for my videos and audios. It allows one to add several videos together and  also  has features letting you split or shorten videos.