20130830 20130802 Smugmug Problems

>DonSmug
Latest emails/Questions are listed first:
See comments further below at similar #'s for corrective action
/ No longer let non owner viewer select style, owner selects
>I can no longer tell which pictures are hidden from public view while in the "Organize Site" section
46> Links do not work on Home Page description and some galleries in new format
45> Still have to sign in several times during one session
44>Still no sticking for passwords, even afte rweseting Browser
43#57 >How do I get the $144 price for the trial
42#56>Coupon discount code for referrals?
41#55>Open several Smugmug accounts in same browser?
40#54> Passwords and usernames do not stick?
39#53>change password before payment question resolved?,
38#52> convert trial to 3 year $144 deal?,
37#51 how do I get  Statistics to work on an iPad. it says Holy Http, I need Adobe Flash.
36#50> Do searches included unlisted galleries?
35#49> How do we keep it public but with no Google or Smugmug search?
34#49> Where do we put in the passwords now for each gallery?
33#47
32#46
31#45> (Fixed)Your help screen will not let me type anything into the Search Line.
30#44
29#43
28#42>Is there a way to change background color for whole site at one time?
27#41>How do I change background color for a gallery, see menu choices I have  with the following menus? (PS, the white on black is awful to read)
26#40>   how can I get rid of the terrible black backgrounds from all Smugmug. It is so hard to read, ugly, and depressing. need no white on black  or at least chge the default to black on white and make it easier to change colors.
See previous comments and question and resolution below if any. * means no  corrective action
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smugmug is so great, rather has been. So much better than all other competitors for displaying and organizing pictures on line with great heroes to help. I thought it was the greatest program I had ever seen and so much of my life is in it. Thanks for all those good years. I am worried about the future and hope my comments are constructive. Now . . . .
--------------------------------
I was having enough trouble with all the changes  in smugmug, and then one of the new pages locked up and then all of my Vista computer, never to work right again. It would not start the right way and  was 10 times slower. I have spent most of two days working to fix it then gave up and went  in Safe mode to back up some of my main files to my newer W7.

Not saying Smugmug did it, just asking if you have had any other reports of similar action. My vista never once gave me any problems before until when I was trying to move around the new smugmug.

That with all the disappointments from the new Smugmug is so discouraging  - and a waste of my time trying to get even the basic things done.

Thanks
don
--------
Here is a lik to why I used to love Smugmug
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2012/12/we-like-smugmug-and-i-am-glad-to-share.html 

Here are some things bugging me with the new Smugmug :
Link to this Blog page:  http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2013/08/20130802-smugmug-problems.html

  1. First, I can see how Smugmug eventually might  Be better after we get used to it but so much is wrong now in the new format
  2. (Still a problem) *The help video was very unprofessional - the guy is good but the female is worrisome with her forced laugh and poor speaking.
  3. (Still a problem) *Did not know what crumbs and sandbox were, till video and wonder why u using ur own terms to confuse us.
  4. *(Some Improvement). Learned could not embed pictures now  and Showoff, "later he said" nothing mentioned about whether present embedded  links will work when final migration.
  5. (Still a problem) No mention still of uploading  videos from cell phone. Once I spent weeks being told I could upload videos from my cell and was told it was my phone and my ips or carrier not working right, many heroes kept biting up on me saying the same thing, then all of a sudden the official word changes, the help info was deleted, and I was told it never had been a feature. That was after being told so often it was my equipment fault.
  6. (Still a problem) We had on old format an easy to understand method for users to get around. They will not have that now since they do not have the organizer
  7. *(Improved)I do not understand the description now. Once links could be place there to other sites and galleries and now the text of the code has no link working from it. What a crazy  change, I lose hoes of work bin fixing it so one can go from one gallery to another easily.

  8. I like the organizer and think we need a text only *Home page similar to it.(some improvement)
  9. (Still a problem) All the examples of how great the new system is I see are from  sites with few pictures. I think the new format a bear to move around in and find  pictures, and that is why a text Home screen mentioned above is desirable.
  10. (Still a problem) *(some improvement) Showoff  is not operational I learned from video, of course I could not find where to do it on the starange new format
  11. (Still a problem) Heroes are too slow in answering question, and
  12. (Still a problem) would have been better to do the switch in stages of users not all at one time. U said reason for no Showoff was to get this out faster but I would rather u had it right.
  13. (Still a problem) I cannot find a decent help section. Sometime the help is about the old format and sometimes about the new. Long ago we had a great hep section then it continued to change and deteriorate
  14. (Still a problem) I have no idea how to reprogram every thing and the new sites are missing so much from the old , looks like we have to redo hours of work
  15. *Looks like I have to put in a new code for sending pictures up  and not sure where they now go, I hope to "other" still. Just tested this and will not work. Wrote separate email asking if it is broken.   
  16. (Still a problem) The use no more of categories and subcategories  is confusing, You could have kept them and added folder or folders in some where. Not sure why u would sage that,'
  17. (Still a problem) The use of "page" is misleading as the video says it can be a gallery  a folder or something like that
  18. (Still a problem) *some improvement and then more complaints and more improvements.I do not see on the new format the extra links I put in my old smugmug around the top, They should move over automatically.
  19. (Still a problem) I am unsure how to select a style easily I assume it is in the coding boxes we are to use. Of course they are hard to even see with the gosh awful blade background and less than bright white test

  20. (Still a problem) Sign in used to be wonderful, and easy especially if using several accounts as I do for my family. Now the sign-in does not remember the user name  much and never the password forcing folks to use shorter less secure ones. Then if one goes to another screen after already signed in , u make is sign in again. This had started before the big change and I asked about it  and received no response. I have about given up on wanting a response and u notice none of the listing here is asking for an answer. Many I already asked about. Just put this in  a new file of Frustrated  customers
  21. (Still a problem)The screen for statistics locks up  on my ipad never show  , just keep working for ever as I checked back to it and finally closed it.
  22. (Still a problem)Every thing has that hard to read gosh awful black background that is terrible to use even on my 30 inch +/- screen. Lighten it up and .
  23. (Still a problem) Ever since u made a change months ago I have been frustrated that you changed the back ground on I assume all of my galleries.
  24. In a recent email I replied : My main question was if anyone else has reported the problem not whether Smugmug caused it. Has anyone else reported crashes or lockups when on the Smugmug site or am I the only one? That is all I was asking and all I need in response to this email. Was told, I was only one. . .

    ---------------------------------------------------
    More - -
    No no computer  problems and no virus. Have run checks.  . Computer locked up on one of the new smugmug screens and was sluggish, I clicked and went to another screen and it got worse. I thought it was just a delay from all the traffic u are getting but then it I could not get out of the second screen and nothing would work. I had to push start button to turn off and it has been a mess  since then for hours trying to get it to work.. That was on a vista. In the meantime I was working on a W7 machine and experienced slow screens from Smugmug, but the worst thing is that after most of two days working on Smugmug I cannot figure it out, how do I move pictures, how do I embed, how do I send \up videos from my cell or email, how do I get rid of your gosh awful black background easily from the settings and tools and galleries that is hard to read on and almost 30 inch scree, how can I have a no frills Home page similar to the old one, cant log in  easily any more and several times in one session have to repeat logins depending on which screen one goes to, have to now do htm programing to get links to work in the description where as before it was automatically fixed as in this email when it starts with http, on and on. If you want to see my experience so far, check the following blog  link. http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2013/08/20130802-smugmug-problems.html  I have shared these concerns with the heroes and some are being addressed but I cannot believe the embed function was not included and I really do need to know how to move a picture from one gallery to another.

    thanks for your help and concern.
    don