Ignore: http://donsinstructions.blogspot.com/2011/09/video-joining.html
This link :
http://instructionsbydon.blogspot.com/2011/09/joining-videos.html
Sally, the best answer is to try use the free Format Factory found at
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
If not free, get back to me.
Here is what you do (assuming you get the program installed)
- This is on line at
- first, email me right now and tell me what extension your videos have.(avi,mp4,mov,wmv, etc)
- click on advanced, select video Joiner

See picture below:
click add file (let's just try two clips to add together or "Join" to make it easier on the program and faster for us to see if works) and find the movies you want. Be sure you select MP4 output, at least for a start. . . .
and then try to figure it out. Hard to make it put completed video where you want it. I want back in folder it came from. This program orks for me about half the time depending on how many, how big, and what I am trying to do. There are so many settings for video and audio and it is a chore to get them all working. But right now try a test and let me know what happens.
Let me know results and we can continue

What we/you are trying to do should be easy but it can be hard. I have other programs we can try if this Format Factory does not work for you.
Let me know results and we can continue
Here are notes when I had problems once on a particular project -= don't even try to undserstand it, nut cam look at rest of this email below . .
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Format Factory
This was a big problem I was able to fix
The Format Factory was added a whole set of rather duplicating recording and adding to end of file so was twice as long I thought I fixed but no 4:57 PM
I messed up Fff and t by downloading new copy and them would not work at all. I bought the revco uninstaller I had on trial and it could not find it either just as Windows add remove. I then forced it by putting a copy of the path and name in to the palces in revco and got rid of it. Then I had download of ff already and i installed it but it now still does what did before, it dioes the video conversion and then plays again the video but last is with out sound. I spent lot of time trying to fix before I screwwed it up so I am at a losss. ,nmeans I now have to edit the converted video and remove, then save but then it will be big and that was being smaller that was rerason fior ff so now I have one bigger and if I try to convert it will double it again
September 19, 2011 - continuing email to Sally
Original email until I reread your email saying you wanted to add the small videos together into one -
About editing videos, That is really a big subject. "It all depends . . "
Here are some notes I made, but not finished.
the following is not complete.
- If you have Videos, you need to decide where you are going to put them for viewing. Does you football site take videos for example, how long and how big.
- Smugmug takes about any size and any format but limited to 10 minutes. Have to have the service above the basic -Basic: $40/year • Power: $60/year • Pro: $150/year
- YouTube has a 10 minute limit unless you are a big user and then you can get hour long ones. Our church qualified for the long ones based on lots of usage. I can't qualify.
- I find
lets me set up a title on line and some other editing stuff, can't really remember why I have it but I have 26 videos there. I think because I am trying to find a place for old avi movies, but not sure.put hour or so videos ther but that cost for subscription, maybe $50 a year. Look at this one I did recently in Duke Chapel and when there you can see more of mine http://vimeo.com/27154368
- I can put any size on my donredding.com server so I am not limited by size or length or even extension , though the MP4 is smaller and better and shorter to upload. Of course most folks do not have on domain set up, but maybe you do now.
- have to figure out what extension you are getting from your camera. Is it mov, wmv, avi or mp4, etc.
- My camera puts it out in mov and most players will read that.
- wmv is what Windows media stuff likes but some players do not read it.
- the best one is mp4 but most of the time you have to convert from the others to mp4.
- Most of the other extensions are very large and it is better to reduce the size and besides mp4 works about every where, it is similar to h264 which is probably the best.
- What do you mean by editing, if you mean joining together smaller videos into one, that is one thing. If you are trying to do real editing, that is another. Often you want to cut out stuff and then add what is left into so9mething else.
- I have spent so many hours on this subject. I have tried dozens of programs. They all do different things. Many are not what they say they are and then I find some great ones. I find they all need to be updated and often quit working when other parts of process change/update.
- for example, if I want to put together several clips into a longer piece, you need a program with a "Joiner" function - took me forever to realize that term instead of "merge."
- If you want to change color, that is something I have not even tried to do
- If you want titles, that is another type program
- If you want to mix in photos, another
- Here are some programs I have used
- Smugmug
- ooops I started to list all my programs but I decided to take picture of my desktop and you can see that way
- http://donredding.com/pptest/d8d65ee29706477598dddd00c7a150a3.jpg

On 9/19/2011 2:44 PM, Sally & Jim Hanchett wrote:
That looks neat. I might try using that for my laptop for vacation pics. What have you found for simple editing of videos? I took a bunch of videos of Logan pitching, and just want to edit it into one long stream so it's not stopping and starting.
On 9/19/2011 14:38, don@donredding.com wrote:
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
Sally
This is a neat program for organizing and edit pictures. It is free. I know you use the CM program efficiently, but this one is worth looking at. I usually use Polyview but moving to this more and more.
LuvDad
Do not want to bug you.
If you do not want emails such as this, please tell me; I understand as we get too many